LITTER BOX QUESTIONS
Keep enjoying the of BREEZE®
with these easy maintenance steps.
Welcoming a new cat litter system into your home can raise a lot of questions. Here are some of the most common questions and answers about the new BREEZE Litter System. If you have a question that is not answered here, try watching our Demonstration Video or visiting our Getting Started section. For more specific tips on transitioning your cat(s), give us a call, toll free, at 1-877-982-HELP (4357). We’re here to help Monday thru Friday from 7a.m. to 7p.m. CST.
- Are the BREEZE Litter Pellets safe?
- BREEZE Litter Pellets are composed of non-toxic materials that are safe.
- What if my cat ingests some BREEZE Litter Pellets?
- BREEZE Litter Pellets are composed of non-toxic material. If ingested, the pellets will normally pass through the digestive system with no ill effects. If pellets are ingested, we would recommend that you watch your pet closely and encourage that she drink as much water as possible over the next few hours to “flush” out her system.
- Can I use other materials in place of the BREEZE Litter Pellets?
- No. The BREEZE Litter Pellets have been specially-designed for use in the BREEZE Litter System. They allow moisture to drain into the absorbent BREEZE Cat Pad below, while also acting to dehydrate solid waste over time. This combination of repellency and absorbency make the BREEZE Litter Pellets ideally suited for use in the BREEZE Litter System.
- Can I use other litters in the BREEZE Litter System?
- No. See above. Other litters will also likely fall through the grate in the bottom of the BREEZE Litter Box.
- Can I use other absorbent pads such as a “puppy pad” in the BREEZE Litter System?
- No. The BREEZE Cat Pad is specially-designed to accommodate up to one weeks worth of urine for a single cat. Other pads are not designed to accommodate this amount of liquid. The BREEZE Cat Pad is also designed with antimicrobial additives that minimize odor-causing microbial growth. In addition, the BREEZE Cat Pad is the proper size and shape to fit perfectly in the BREEZE Litter System. The BREEZE Cat Pad must be inserted soft side up.
- How long will my BREEZE® materials last?
- One bag of BREEZE Litter Pellets will last up to one month for a single cat, and one BREEZE Cat Pad can last up to one week for a single cat.
- Can I reuse and wash BREEZE Litter Pellets?
- The non-absorbent BREEZE Litter Pellets serve to bypass urine directly down to the BREEZE Cat Pad in the tray below. For maximum odor control, we would not recommend using the BREEZE Litter Pellets in the box for more than 30 days. In addition, BREEZE Litter Pellets have not been designed for or tested to withstand washing and reuse.
- How do I transition my cat from the old litter to the BREEZE Litter System?
- See our Getting Started section and Step-by-Step Transition instructions.
- How long will it take to transition my cat to the BREEZE Litter System?
- All cats are different. Some cats adjust to the BREEZE Litter System faster than others. Some cats may take just a few days, while others may require a couple of weeks. Your cat(s) may take longer than other cats to transition, but that is not to say that she will not ultimately be able to transition successfully. Be patient, do not rush the process. The benefits of the BREEZE Litter System are worth the time spent in transition! If you have questions, or need help, please call us toll free at 1-877-982-HELP (4357) Monday thru Friday 7a.m. to 7p.m. CST. A Pet Advisor will work with you to develop a customized transition plan for you and your cat(s).
- I have multiple cats, will the BREEZE Litter System work for me?
- Yes, although the transition period may take a little longer. For best results, animal behaviorists recommend one litter box plus one for every cat in your house (2 cats = 3 boxes). If multiple cats are using the BREEZE Litter System, you may need to change the BREEZE Litter Pellets and BREEZE Cat Pads more frequently.
- My cat is a real “digger,” can I add additional BREEZE Litter Pellets to the system?
- The amount of BREEZE Litter Pellets in each portion has been shown to last up to one month for a single cat. If you feel your cat requires additional BREEZE Litter Pellets, just be sure the amount you add does not prevent the urine from efficiently draining to the BREEZE Cat Pad below. The BREEZE Litter Pellets may seem like less litter than you used in the old system. Don’t worry. Our research has shown cats accept this amount of BREEZE Litter Pellets with successful results.
- If I have questions related to the BREEZE Litter System and/or transition, is there additional support available to help me?
- Yes. Help is available through the information on this site, email, and phone contact with our trained pet advisors. Purina® Tidy Cats® pet advisors are quite knowledgeable regarding cat “bathroom” behavior. Give us a call toll free at 1-877-982-HELP (4357). We’re here to help Monday thru Friday 7a.m. to 7p.m. CST.
- Why don’t you list the ingredients in the pellets on the package?
- Litter products are not required to list the ingredients on the packaging as they are non-food items.
- Are the pellets biodegradable? Are they going to break down over time?
- The pellets are not biodegradable since they are made of Zeolite, a family of naturally occurring, non-toxic minerals.
- What is Zeolite?
- Zeolite is a family of highly porous, non-toxic, naturally occurring minerals. Zeolites are used in a variety of applications such as water filtration and softening systems.
- What is the polymer coating that coats the pellets?
- It is a wax based coating. The wax is the same type used in the coating of some cheeses, as well as an ingredient in many lip balms.
- Can I add deodorizer to the pellets or pads?
- We do not recommend adding the deodorizer directly to the BREEZE Pad, as it could interfere with urine absorption. If you are concerned about urine odors, make sure the BREEZE Pad is changed and the drawer cleaned with a mild detergent at least once a week for one cat, and more often for two.